Friday, December 31, 2010

A day at the library

I decided it's been long enough since I pond fished. I braved the wind and beat the banks at the Coppell library yesterday. I got there and there were a bunch of conventional fisherman. They all said that the fish weren't biting and the wind was too high. I stuck on a little streamer with a tungsten bead, purple ice chenille, and a brown marabou tail and proceeded to catch 2 fish in 2 casts. the guys just looked at me like I was insane, whipping the fly rod around in 20mph winds. I worked my way around to my favorite culvert picking off a few bass here and there. I caught a few more in the culvert to end the day with 7. I successfully schooled 9 conventional fisherman with a fly rod and a teeny little purple streamer.







They were biting pretty good. I plan on going back soon to check it out again. I just hope there aren't so many people!

No comments:

Post a Comment